Atlanta Real Food is run by the Atlanta area chapter leaders of The Weston A. Price Foundation. Here you will find the latest news from local farmers, get information on how to properly prepare real foods, and stay up to date on local events.
SEE WHAT WE ARE COOKING TODAY
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Recipes, Gardening Tips and More!
Pilar's Garden Tips September - October ▪ ▪ Choose the mild weather during this period to plant or transplant the following: beets, broccoli, cabbag
Pilar's Garden Tips
September - October
▪ Choose the mild weather during this period to plant or transplant the following: beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, collards, lettuce, mustard, onions, radishes, spinach, and turnips. Plant your second planting of fall crops such as collards, turnips, cabbage, mustard, and kale.
▪ Refurbish mulch to control weeds, and start adding leaves and other materials for the compost pile. Store your manure under cover to prevent leaching of nutrients.
▪ Water deeply and thoroughly to prevent drought stress. Pay special attention to new transplants.
▪ Harvest mature green peppers and tomatoes before frost gets them — it may not come until November, but be ready.
▪ Harvest herbs and dry them in a cool, dry place.
Recipe of the Week
Cream of Chicken Soup
No need to use a canned soup for all of your recipes! Try this yummy recipe from The Nourished Kitchen for homemade Cream of Chicken Soup! Get it here...
Get your ticket for the Atlanta Real Food Conference
ATLANTA REAL FOOD CONFERENCE on October 1st!
Learn about the importance of gut health and the methods for improving gut health for you and your family. Learn where and how to source high-quality restorative nutrient dense foods for a healthier life! We'll also show you how to make your own Kombucha, Kefir and Vegetable Ferments!
To learn more about our speakers and to see the schedule for the event just click the button below!
If you've recently visited the farm for an open farm day, field trip, birthday party or wedding, we would love to see and share your pictures You can share them on our Facebook Page or to be featured on our website Photo Gallery. If you don't mind sharing them with us you can directly upload them to our private Dropbox file by clicking the button below. You do not need to have dropbox to submit your pictures.
As you know, word of mouth is our best advertising, so if you think your school would benefit from a field trip to our farm, or you know someone who needs a cool place to throw a birthday party, please let them know about us!
You were sent this newsletter because you previously subscribed, please don't mark it as spam just simply click the unsubscribe button if you wish to not receive it anymore. Thank You for Reading the RAF Newsletter we hope you have a great week!